1. Oats bring nutrition and fibers to gluten-free and low FODMAP diets
The benefit of using oats for gluten-free products is that compared to many other gluten-free cereals oats have a more balanced nutritional content. They are higher in fiber, higher in protein and contain good healthy fats, as well as a variety of important micronutrients such as iron, calcium, vitamin E, magnesium, vitamin B1 and folic acid in significant amounts.
2. Oats bring real nutritional value, variety and taste to gluten-free diets
A gluten-free diet can lack good quality carbohydrates, fiber and micronutrients. The cereal highest in fiber and suitable for coeliacs is oats. The fiber of oats has several health benefits including lowering of cholesterol and balancing sugar levels. Oats are gentle to stomach and well tolerated grain.
3. Oats are suitable for many applications, with it’s mild taste
The whole family can eat same food, since oat based gluten-free products taste as good as products containing gluten.
4. Oats are naturally gluten free, when cross-contamination with other grains is prevented
Oats are therefore suitable for coeliacs and others with a sensitive digestive system. Oats are also suitable for low FODMAP diet which treats the symptoms of IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome).
5. Oats help to keep the moisture of products
Especially gluten free bread is often dry and has unpleasant structure. The structure of gluten free oat bread is as good as normal bread. Oat bread also stays fresh and soft longer.